2020年3月24日 星期二

My visit to Japan 2020 – Hiroshima (3)

The Hiroshima Sighting Bus Advertisement
A Sight-seeing Bus
On the 7th I took a sight-seeing tourist bus to tour around the major sight-seeing spots in Hiroshima downtown. The trip was free because it was covered by the 4-day pass that I purchased. The bus waited for tourists at the Hiroshima Station (広島ステーション) for drop-in tourists. I took the 9.00 am bus and the trip ended in slightly less than an hour.

There are four sight-seeing bus routes: orange, green, lemon and blue

This bus had four routes named after four colors: orange, green, lemon and blue. I took the orange route which went through 9 tourists’ sites in Hiroshima downtown. The most valuable of this trip was that it showed me the location of the Manga Library (Hiroshima City Museum of Contemporary Art 現代美術館). The library was up the hill and could be a little bit difficult for tourists to travel there. There were a few Arts Museums in Hiroshima downtown, be care not to confuse them with one and other.
A notice on the clinic door requests all visitors to wear masks

In order to check out how the general public in Hiroshima reacted to the new virus. I tried to peep into one local clinic. I noticed that the clinic had put up a poster in the entrance to remind its clients to wear masks.


Fuji Fresh Food Market


Dekopon
I spent some time in a local supermarket, the Fuji Fresh Food Market to buy fruits. Other than the apple from Aomori prefecture, I found a fruit that also had sweetness of 13 degrees: Dekopon (デコポン). Dekopon was a seedless and very sweet hybrid citrus fruit developed by the Japanese in 1972. Dekopon was distinctive due to its sweet taste, large size and the large protruding bump on the top of the fruit.


The oyster I bought and pan fried
About the specialty (名物Meibutsu) of Hiroshima, I think oyster would be one of them. I bought some local oysters and pan fried them in my apartment. Although the size was small, the taste was good. The Fuji Fresh Food Market also sold fried oyster. The taste was also good.
An oyster set advertisement seen in Hiroshima downtown



沒有留言:

張貼留言