2020年3月19日 星期四

My visit to Japan 2020 – Hiroshima (2)

The 4-day Tourist Travelling Pass that I  bought

On the 5th of March I flied from Hong Kong at around 9.00 am to Hiroshima and arrived there in less than three hours. The Hiroshima airport was very small. After finishing all the checking formalities, at the airport information counter I bought a bus pass. It was a 4-day bus pass that costed me 4500 yen. The most valuable part of this pass was that you could immediately use it to enter Hiroshima downtown by limousine bus that took about 50 minutes to travel. This trip alone would cost a traveler about 1,100 yen.
Various types of tourist traveling passes are available for foreign visitors

The bus destination was the Hiroshima Station in downtown. It was an important connection point in Japan regionally. It connected the bullet train from Hakata (博多) in western Japan to Tokyo(東京). Locally, it was a transport loop for the whole Hiroshima city: the streetcars and buses used it as their terminal. One should be careful in not to confuse the Hiroshima Station (広島ステーション) with the Hiroshima-eka (広島駅). The latter was located next to the Hiroshima Station and was only a small local tram station.
A phone card that I bought in Hong Kong
In order to ensure that I could have Wi-fi connection all time in Japan, I bought a phone card in Hong Kong. I costed me Hongkong $55.00 for a 6-day period. There was a bonus: it gave a 20-minute telephone time in Japan. It was easy to install; jump inserted the IC card and turned on the roaming function in the phone.
The noodle shop that I visited
After settling down at my Airbnb accommodation I ventured out to enjoy my dinner at a nearby restaurant. The regular menu of this restaurant was all kinds of Japanese noodles: ramen (ラーメン). In the next morning, I went out by taking a streetcar (i.e. a local electric tram) to visit the A-Bomb Dome. It was a popular place for both local and foreigner visitors. On this day I saw both kinds visitors. One person, a lady, representing an anti-nuke group came here to collect signatures to support their anti-nuke campaign. I also saw a Japanese explained to visitors about the impact of the A-bomb on Hiroshima, probably he drove here everyday by his bicycle. But on that day, the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum was closed due to the new virus. It was a disappointment to many visitors including me.
The A-Bomb Dome in Hiroshima


A large notice board explaining the A-bomb incident as a world heritage. A small note was attached to it saying that the museum was closed.

In the afternoon I visited a local supermarket to buy some fruit and food. The high-light of the fruit was the apple from Aomori prefecture (青森県) known as Umappuri (うまっぷリor王林). It had a 13 degrees sweetness. It costed 494-yen (tax included) for a pack of three apples.

The sweetest apple in Japan that I have enjoyed


沒有留言:

張貼留言