2026年9月29日 星期二

中國最高情報機構負責人警告人工智能威脅黨的統治(2/2)

Recently The New York Times reported the following:

China’s Top Spy Chief Warns A.I. Is a Threat to Party Rule (2/2)

Even as Beijing urges the United States not to hype the dangers of A.I., its own spy chief is framing the technology as a threat to the Communist Party’s security.

The NYT - By Lily Kuo (Lily Kuo is a China correspondent for The Times, based in Taipei.)

Sept. 14, 2026

(continue)

Attacks on China’s critical infrastructure. Mr. Chen, the spy chief, wrote that the technical and financial barriers to launching cyberattacks had been drastically lowered because of A.I. This, he said, posed “serious risks” to China’s information infrastructure. Last week, a small team of researchers in California demonstrated that risk when they disclosed a hacking tool that could take control of millions of users’ accounts on WeChat, China’s most widely used messaging app.

Leaks of sensitive information. Chinese users using foreign models could cause large-scale data leaks, the article noted. Anthropic, the company behind Claude and other A.I. models, said last week that the Chinese start-up Moonshot AI had routed queries by its users to Claude. Those queries included sensitive data, including video surveillance linked to the Chinese military, as well as proprietary information from high-profile Chinese technology companies.

More intense military competition. The U.S. military’s use of A.I. in the U.S.-Israeli war with Iran was an example of how warfare has been “fundamentally transformed,” Mr. Chen wrote. He says that whoever can harness the power of tools such as algorithms to achieve more precise sensing and targeting, “will gain the initiative on the battlefield.”

The warning adds to a growing drumbeat of concern from Chinese officials about the risks of A.I. Under Mr. Xi, China has deemed A.I. a strategic technology that is critical to the country’s development and ability to compete with the United States. At the same time, officials have begun to issue warnings and new guidelines for regulating the industry.

Previous warnings from Chinese regulators have tended to focus on specific issues, such as when the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology said in July that it had detected a security risk in some versions of Anthropic’s coding tool, Claude Code. Regulators have also repeatedly warned domestic users about the risks of A.I. assistants like OpenClaw.

“This is now a much more broad-based sort of warning, not about a specific threat from this one model or this one vulnerability, but a broader paradigm shift in how A.I. will create new risk for China,” said Mr. Chan of Brookings.

“It’s about taking these new powerful tools seriously and realizing there are a lot of vulnerabilities and China needs to move faster, and also use A.I. to patch those vulnerabilities, and defend against these new powerful cyber-actors,” he said.

Even as China’s security chief was articulating the country’s concerns about A.I., its Foreign Ministry was accusing U.S. companies of hyping the dangers of the technology.

That was in response to calls by some Western A.I. executives like Dario Amodei, the chief executive of Anthropic, for Washington to clamp down on Chinese companies.

In an open letter over the weekend, Mr. Amodei said that democracies must keep their lead over China. He backed restrictions on selling powerful A.I. chips to the country, among other measures to slow China’s progress enough to widen America’s lead.

Asked if China’s A.I. industry posed a threat to the United States, Guo Jiakun, a spokesman for China’s Foreign Ministry, said on Monday that such “threat narratives” and “malicious competition” would only make it harder for countries to work together on the regulation of A.I.

In an editorial on Sunday, the Communist Party-run tabloid, the Global Times, said that China played a central role as one of the world’s main suppliers of A.I. tools. It described Mr. Amodei’s call for the United States to contain China’s development as an “unrealistic delusion.”

Translation

中國最高情報機構負責人警告人工智能威脅黨的統治(2/2)

儘管北京敦促美國不要誇大人工智能的危險性,但中國最高情報機構負責人卻將這項技術視為共產黨安全的威脅

(繼續)

攻擊中國關鍵基礎設施。中國最高情報機構負責人Chen先生撰文指出,由於人工智能的出現,發動網絡攻擊的技術和經濟門檻已大幅降低。他表示,這給中國的資訊基礎設施帶來了「嚴重風險」。上週,加州一個小型研究團隊披露了一種駭客工具,該工具可以控制中國最廣泛使用的即時通訊應用微信上數百萬用戶的帳戶,證明了這種風險。

敏感資訊外洩。文章指出,中國用戶使用外國人工智能模型可能導致大規模資料外洩。開發了Claude 和其他人工智能模型的 Anthropic 公司上週表示,中國新創公司 Moonshot AI 將其用戶的查詢轉給 Claude。這些查詢包含敏感數據,例如與中國軍方相關的視訊監控數據,以及來自知名中國科技公司的專有資訊。

軍事競爭日趨激烈。Chen先生寫道,美國軍方在美以伊戰爭中使用人工智能,就是一個戰爭形式「發生根本性轉變」的例證。他表示,誰能駕馭演算法等工具的力量,實施更精準的感知和目標定位,「誰就能在戰場上掌握主動權」。

這項警告加劇了中國官員對人工智能風險日益增長的擔憂。在習近平主席的領導下,中國已將人工智能視為一項戰略技術,認為其對國家發展和與美國競爭至關重要。同時,官方已開始發佈警告和新的行業監管指南。

先前,中國監管機構的警告往往側重於具體問題,例如,工業和資訊化部在7月表示,已在Anthropic公司的編碼工具 Claude Code 的某些版本中檢測到安全風險。監管機構也曾多次警告國內用戶注意 OpenClaw 等人工智能助理的風險。

Brookings 學會的 Chan:「現在的警告範圍更廣,不再是針對某個特定模型或某個漏洞的具體威脅,而是針對人工智能將為中國帶來新風險的更廣泛的範式轉變」。

Chan 說:「關鍵在於認真對待這些強大的新工具,意識到其中存在許多漏洞,中國需要加快步伐,並利用人工智能來修補這些漏洞,抵禦這些強大的網絡攻擊者」。

就在中國國家安全局局長闡述中國對人工智能的擔憂之際,中國外交部卻指責美國公司誇大這項技術的危險性。

這是對一些西方人工智能高管,例如 Anthropic 執行長 Dario Amodei,呼籲華盛頓限制中國公司的回應。

Amodei 在週末發表的一封公開信中表示,民主國家必須保持對中國的領先地位。他支持限制向中國出售高性能人工智能晶片,並支持採取其他措施來減緩中國的發展速度,從而擴大美國的領先優勢。

當被問及中國的人工智能產業是否對美國構成威脅時,中國外交部發言人 Guo Jiakun 週一表示,這種「威脅論調」和「惡意競爭」只會讓各國在人工智能監管方面更難合作。

週日,中共官方小報《環球時報》發表社論稱,中國是世界人工智能工具的主要供應國之一,發揮核心作用。社論稱,Amodei 呼籲美國遏制中國發展的言論是「不切實際的幻想」。

              So, China’s top spy chief has warned that artificial intelligence could pose a direct threat to the Chinese Communist Party’s hold on power. The unusually blunt assessment is in contrast to the warnings dominating the A.I. debate in the United States, which have focused on the possibility that A.I. could slip out of human control or pose a threat to humanity itself. Apparently, Beijing is going into these talks viewing A.I. safety not as a shared humanitarian mission, but through an adversarial lens. It is making clear that, as far as China is concerned, data sovereignty and political security will never be traded away for international safety accords.

Note:

1. Brookings in its website states that “Brookings equips decisionmakers with nonpartisan research and policy strategies to create a more prosperous and secure country and world.” Furthermore, “At the core of our mission is the quality, independence, and impact of our research. We are dedicated to finding bold, pragmatic solutions for societal challenges through open-minded inquiry, diverse perspectives, and holding ourselves to the highest standards of scholastic rigor. Because of this, Brookings has been at the forefront of public policy for more than a century”. (https://www.brookings.edu/about-us/)

沒有留言:

張貼留言