2026年9月27日 星期日

中國最高情報機構負責人警告人工智能威脅黨的統治(1/2)

Recently The New York Times reported the following:

China’s Top Spy Chief Warns A.I. Is a Threat to Party Rule (1/2)

Even as Beijing urges the United States not to hype the dangers of A.I., its own spy chief is framing the technology as a threat to the Communist Party’s security.

The NYT - By Lily Kuo (Lily Kuo is a China correspondent for The Times, based in Taipei.)

Sept. 14, 2026

China’s top spy chief has warned that artificial intelligence could pose a direct threat to the Chinese Communist Party’s hold on power, in what is the highest-level and most detailed articulation yet of how Beijing sees the technology’s security risks.

The unusually blunt assessment by Chen Yixin, the head of China’s Ministry of State Security, is in contrast to the warnings dominating the A.I. debate in the United States, which have focused on the possibility that A.I. could slip out of human control or pose a threat to humanity itself.

In an article published on Sunday in the state-run magazine China Cyberspace, Mr. Chen called for more party control over A.I. and stricter government oversight. This, he said, was necessary to protect political stability at home; to defend against increasingly sophisticated cyberattacks and misinformation campaigns from “hostile forces”; and to compete militarily with countries like the United States.

Mr. Chen referred specifically to U.S. tech companies and their A.I. models — like Claude Mythos and GPT-5.5-Cyber — as examples of new threats to cybersecurity. He also described the danger that foreign intelligence agencies might use A.I. for “large-scale espionage” and attacks on China’s critical infrastructure.

The warning from the powerful security agency makes clear that China sees foreign A.I. models as an active threat to China, according to Henry Gao, a law professor at Singapore Management University. That effectively draws a red line before talks between American and Chinese officials on A.I. safety risks, expected ahead of a meeting between President Trump and China’s leader, Xi Jinping, on Sept. 24 in Washington.

“Beijing is going into these talks viewing A.I. safety not as a shared humanitarian mission, but through an adversarial lens,” Mr. Gao said. It is making clear to Chinese tech firms and foreign rivals that “data sovereignty and political security will never be traded away for international safety accords,” he added.

Mr. Chen’s remarks are not the first time the security agency has spoken about the dangers of A.I., but they are the most comprehensive and signal Beijing’s growing concern about the industry. The security chief outlined several ways that A.I. could pose a threat to China:

Undermining the security of the Communist Party. The government’s top priority has long been maintaining the power of the ruling party. Mr. Chen’s article warns that those with “ulterior motives” could use A.I. to generate fake videos and audio to wage a “propaganda war” against China.

“They’re worried, among other things, of say a deepfake of a Chinese official saying something that wasn’t actually said, and that spreading rapidly and destabilizing everything,” said Kyle Chan, a fellow at the Brookings Institution who studies Chinese technology and industrial policy. “Someone thinks that Xi Jinping made some announcement which he didn’t actually. That could sow chaos.”

(to be continued)

Translation

中國最高情報機構負責人警告人工智能威脅黨的統治(1/2)

儘管北京敦促美國不要誇大人工智能的危險性,但其自身的情報機構負責人卻將這項技術視為對共產黨安全的威脅

中國最高情報機構負責人警告稱,人工智能可能對中國共產黨的統治構成直接威脅。這是迄今為止北京方面對此技術安全風險看法的最高層、最詳細的闡述。

中國國家安全部部長Chen Yixin的這番異常直白的評估,與美國人工智能辯論中佔據主導地位的警告形成鮮明對比。美國的警告主要集中在人工智能可能失控或對人類本身構成威脅的可能性。

Chen先生週日在官方雜誌《中國網絡空間》發表文章,呼籲加強黨對人工智能的控制,並加強政府監管。他表示,這對於維護國內政治穩定、抵禦「敵對勢力」日益複雜的網絡攻擊和虛假資訊宣傳,以及與美國等國進行軍事競爭至關重要。

Chen先生特別提到美國科技公司及其人工智能模型 - 例如 Claude Mythos 和 GPT-5.5-Cyber​​ - 是網路安全面臨的新威脅。他還指出,外國情報機構可能利用人工智能進行 “大規模間諜活動” ,並攻擊中國的關鍵基礎設施。

新加坡管理 大學 法學教授 Henry Gao 表示,來自這個強大的安全機構的警告清楚地表明,中國將外國人工智能模型視為對中國的直接威脅。這其實為預計中美官員在特朗普總統與中國國家主席習近平9月24日於華盛頓會晤前夕,就人工智能問題展開對話劃下了一條紅線。

Gao 先生表示: 「北京參與這些會談時,並非將人工智能安全視為一項共同的人道主義使命,而是以對抗的視角看待它」。他還補充說,中國正在向其科技公司和外國競爭對手明確表示, “數據主權和政治安全絕不會為了國際安全協議而妥協。”

Chen 先生的這番言論並非中國國家安全局首次談及人工智能的危險性,但卻是最全面的一次,也顯示北京對該產業的擔憂日益加劇。這位安全局局長列舉了人工智能可能對中國構成威脅有幾個方面:

損害共產黨的安全。長期以來,維護執政黨的權力一直是政府的首要任務。Chen先生的文章警告說,那些「別有用心」的人可能會利用人工智能生成虛假視頻和音頻,對中國發動「宣傳戰」。

布魯金斯學會研究中國科技和產業政策的研究員 Kyle Chan 說:「他們擔心的是,例如有人用深度偽造技術偽造中國官員的言論,而這些言論實際上並未說過,並且這種偽造內容迅速傳播,破壞一切穩定」; 「有人誤以為習近平發表了某些他實際上並未發表的聲明。這可能會引發混亂」。

(待續)

沒有留言:

張貼留言